1. What type of organization is the Berks Business Education Coalition?
The Berks Business Education Coalition is a 501C3 non-profit corporation with a Board of Directors comprised of Business and Educational Leaders from Berks County.
2. Where are the offices of the Coalition?
The offices of the Coalition are located in the Wyomissing Foundation building at 960 Old Mill Road, Wyomissing Pa. 19610.
3. What is the primary focus of the Coalition?
The Coalition has as its mission to coordinate the resources of the business community, in partnership with the education community, toward selective initiatives which will improve the competencies of students and their aspirations for further
4. Who is eligible to join the Coalition?
Membership in the Coalition is diverse and includes all Berks County educational organizations, both basic and higher education in the public and private sector, private and public corporations and community-based organizations interested in supporting education. Individuals interested in supporting education may also join the Coalition.
5. How do I obtain contact information on schools in Berks County?
The contact information for schools in Berks County is listed under the education partners section of this site (click to view).
6. Who are the colleges in Berks County and where do I find their contact information?
The contact information for the colleges in Berks County is listed under the education partners section of this site (click to view).
7. Can organizations contribute money to the Coalition to support educational initiatives?
Yes, many companies in Berks County contribute money to the Coalition to be utilized for educational improvement initiatives. Donations to the Coalition may be eligible for a Pennsylvania Tax Credit based upon the guidelines established by the Pa. Department of Community and Economic Development.
8. Can organizations apply to the Coalition for grants?
The Coalition is not a charitable foundation and as such does not provide grants to organizations upon request. All resources from the Coalition are targeted to member schools to support educational initiatives approved by the Coalition.
9. How can I get involved?
Membership in the Coalition is encouraged for schools and organizations interested in supporting the improvement of educational outcomes for students. Contact Dr. Solomon Lausch, executive director for further information – firstname.lastname@example.org; 610-372-6114.